Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cleaning up


Nice light on the Edge

Maisie certainly cleaned up with her gifts, us adults not so much. We have obviously reached that point in our relationship where it’s fine, even exciting to give and receive things for the house. I'm not talking nice table lamps or ornaments, I’m talking dustbusters and a CD player. Things you would normally just buy if necessary. 
I overheard Leanne talking in an excited way to Maisie “Ohh look, a mess. I can just suck that up with my handy vax!” Well, maybe be not those words, but that was certainly the sentiment. The pets seem to have a talent for creating mess, so it will at least be a gift that Leanne will continue to enjoy for ages. 
Unfortunately, the new dustbuster doesn’t have a setting for cherry liquor, fortunatly the dog does. We had a few out on the board with the gingerbread house. Maisie had been sawing away at the house, making some renovations to make it more open plan; but left the board on the dining table. The dog saw his opportunity to snaffle a cherry liquor chocolate. He managed to spill the contents over the carpet and then chomp up the chocolate. I’m fairly sure his subsequent mad behaviour is directly related to the cherry stuff - dancing around, returning to the carpet, licking it frantically, and more dancing. I think he even managed an “I love you humans” before collapsing onto his bed for the rest of the evening.

I have been enjoying listening to old CDs not listened too for ages - with the occasional interruption from Maisie of "What on earth are you listening to?" The girl has no taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment