Saturday, July 12, 2014

Junk in the trunk?

Panama hat? I can't sell that, I look so cool in it!
Car boot time...I've been threatening for around three years to do one...the time has come. The past's treasures (aka junk) are piling up into an unmanageable mass almost visible from space.

Into the boot it goes. Destination - a field on a Sunday morning. Of course the forecast is for rain. It would be the same if we'd decided to camp. I am undeterred. Serious buyers will turn up in the rain. The will be unable to resist our wares. I'm hoping the Dr. Who fish tank will be a big earner, what about those Barbies  (only slightly matted hair) must be worth a £1 to make a small girl happy?

I've been busily filling up boxes and bags, family have been busy retrieving treasures "we can't sell that" is the cry. Why can't we sell it? You haven't seen or used it for five years. Well...I have news, I'm home alone and it's all in the car boot already. Hopefully the 7am start will mean offspring is too dozy to notice I'm selling off her egg cup collection. 




No comments:

Post a Comment