Thursday, May 7, 2015

Voting status

Post vote thumbs up
I shared on Facebook, twitter (@rachelmcw) and instagram (rachelmcw) that I've voted, it's important not to waste one's chance of bragging about voting on social media...so thought I'd best blog about it. I could Snapchat, but my only friend on Snapchat is my daughter so it seemed a bit like overkill - she knew we were going off to vote as she saw us potter off down the road.

Here's a blow by blow account of how it all went for me.

We gather up the dogs, we walk to the polling station, I enter said polling station to cast my votes.

My conversation with the returning officer goes like this:

RO: "Which Collier-Wilson are you, Leanne or Rachel?
Me: "I'm Rachel, Leanne is outside with the dogs"

Leanne's conversation with the returning officer goes like this:

post vote stupid grin
L: I'm Leanne Collier-Wilson"
RO: Ooh, we've just had a Collier-Wilson in"
L: Yes, she's outside with the dogs"

Artist's impression of my vote

Quick question - do the returning officers also count the votes?

As a bonus I got a compliment for reading the instructions and putting the white voting slip into the box which said "white voting slips" 


Now I just need to stay awake...feeling sleepy as it's just gone 10 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment